Industrial Fans with EC Technology
VORTICE are continuing their development process on their existing product range of axial and centrifugal fans including, material handling, smoke rated and ATEX. VORTICE are now pleased now to include in their range a new series of EC Plug fans produced by VORTICE group company Casals Ventilation.
What is EC Terminology
What does EC stand for?
It means Electronically Commutated combining AC and DC Voltages. The motor is essentially a brush less DC motor and the technology onboard the fan provides the ability to supply the fan with an AC supply. The onboard electronics transforms and rectifies this to the DC supply that drives the permanent magnet external rotor motor .
EC External Motor Technology
- The external rotor design allows for a compact design. The EC external motor is driven by a brush less DC motor with permanent magnets included in the rotor body and the electronics are housed in the stator and incorporate hall effect sensor .
- The Fan is AC 230V single phase input and the three phase 400V 50/60Hz
ENKLEFAN EC RANGE
The ENKLEFAN EC range incorporates 6 sizes in single and three phase input offering a control by 0-10V or PWM (Plus width modulation)
The Enkelfan EC range offers
- 100% speed control and can provide a constant volume etc dependent on the system requirement and can be controlled by either 0-10V DAC or PWM signal
- Airflow from 450m3/h to 7000m3/h and Pressure to 550 Pascals with diameters up to 450mm
- Fully assembled construction with inlet ring and mounting arms to provide an ease of installation in an efficient out of the box product
- Temperature operating range from -20c to 60c
- Air filtration
- Air handling units
- Air Purifiers
- Replacement of inefficient belt drive fans in air handling units with multiple fans in a wall/grid offering an improved efficient solution and providing redundancy back up etc